1. Turn OFF Preflight Check
The Preflight monitors the documents and catches the issues in overset texts, missing links, missing fonts, etc., So removing this helps in making your document editing faster.
- Tap on Windows -> Output -> Preflight.
- Then Uncheck the ON Tickbox.
Shortcut Key: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F. To open the Preflight dialogue box.
2. Set the Default Performance to Typical
- Go to Edit and scroll down to choose Preferences.
- Then tap on Display Performance.
- Now from the performance panel, set the Default View to Typical.
3. Turn OFF Previews in Pages Panel
InDesign uses a tiny bit of the system resources to create a small preview in the Pages InDesign panel whenever you upload content in the InDesign. So, turning off options may help in making your InDesign work faster.
- In Pages Panel, select the three lines from the top right corner and choose Panel Options.
- Uncheck Show Thumbnails options.
4. Turn OFF Live Hyperlink Check
- Go to Windows -> Interactive -> Hyperlink.
- From the Hyperlink Panel, click on the Hamburger icon (Three lines from the right corner) and unselect the “Auto Update URL Status”.
5. Disable “Save Preview Images” Option
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> File Handling.
- Uncheck Always Save Preview Images with Documents option.
6. Set Live Screen Drawing to Delayed
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Interface.
- From the Interface dialogue box, Set the Live Screen Drawing option to Delayed at the bottom.
7. Turn OFF link Check Links Before Opening Document
- Tap on Edit -> Preferences -> File Handling.
- In Links, untick Check Links Before Opening Document.
8. Adjust Preview Quality
Downgrading the preview quality may help in boosting your InDesign. In InDesign, the default option is set to Typical Display. So change the options as follows.
- Tap on View -> Display Performance.
- Now change the option to your wish either to High-Quality Display or Fast Display.
- Fast Display: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Z
- High-Quality Display: Ctrl+Alt+H
- Typical Display: Ctrl +Alt+ Z
These points helped to speed up the InDesign and I hope this will be useful for you as well. If so, let me know that through your comments.