Want to know about the technologies for creating windows or desktop apps? This article will give you a clear picture of the coding languages used for creating desktop applications. Before starting you should know what is a GUI. GUI is referred to the Graphical User interface (GUI). This is a desktop app which helps you to interact with Computers. It is not only used in developing desktop apps but also used as text editors and in creating games. Ok, Let's get started with coding languages.
You can also check out the Desktop software Development Tutorials (C#, ElectronJS) section
Python is a powerful programming language which makes the developer learn it in a very simple, easy and elegant manner with GUI (Graphical User Interface) support programming language. This helps to develop desktop GUI applications, websites, and web applications. Python language works on many platforms like Windows, Linux, Macintosh, Solaris, etc., It combines easily with languages like C, C++, JAVA, etc.,
The uniqueness of Python language:
Concentrate on the core performance of an application in a simple method.
Top Companies having Python languages are,
Google, NASA, Dropbox, Facebook, YouTube, YAHOO, MOZILLA, Netflix, etc.
Python has lots of libraries but these four stands first,
- Kivy – a platform for developing apps with innovative multiple touches.
- Python QT– a cross-platform for developing software.
- WX Python– GUI toolkit for python language.
- Tkinter– most commonly used GUI.
How to install and use Python on a PC or Mac?
- Firstly, go to Python.org on the browser. (Python Home page)
- Secondly, read Python installation and setup before starting the installation process.
- Next, install the Python accordingly to your system configuration.
- Then get started with using.
Why Tkinter? Because Tkinter stands first in developing GUI toolkit as it is the fastest and easiest way to create GUI apps.
- Provides lightweight GUI.
- Simple and not complex.
- Works great in creating Python apps.
How to create a Tkinter module?
- Import the module.
- Create the main window.
- Add widgets accordingly.
- Apply the event trigger on the widgets.
SimpleTkinter module Coding
import tkinter window = tkinter. Tk() window.mainloop()
Before knowing about C# let us see about dot Net (.Net). Dot net is a framework for building applications on Windows, Web apps, mobile apps, desktop apps, etc., It was developed by Microsoft Corporation. C# is a programming language which runs on the dot Net framework.
Why choose C# for creating desktop or windows app?
- It is easy to learn and understand.
- High structured programming language.
- High-level programming language.
- Supports Multithreading. ( single coding with several users)
- Independent platform.
- Provides LINQ and Lambda expressions.
Applications that can be developed using C#
- Web, Windows, desktops applications.
- Virus and Malware programs.
- Database and Hardware programming.
Why Electron JS for creating apps?
- It is very simple and easy to understand.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It has auto-update and crashes reporting.
This works on two important methods:
Electron JS has one Main process and the work of this is to decide the starting point of an app. The main process will spin the app to develop the rendering process.
It creates/ develops
- Browser Window
- Auto updater
- Sessions etc.,
Electron JS uses Chromium for displaying web pages and that web page runs on its own process. Those are called a Rendering process.
- Create a layout and style to the app.
- It uses IPC (Instructions per cycle) to get information from the main process.
It creates/ develops
- desktop capturer
- IPC render
- Web frame
- DOM / Browsers APIs
The combined output of the main and the rendering process:
- Crash Reporter
- Native image
These three programming language helps you to develop the best desktop apps for your Windows, Mac, and Linux. I have given a brief explanation and the features of these languages. Hope you guys found this helpful. If you have suggestions leave that in the comment box.