Flutter is an open-source and free framework for creating a mobile application for both Android and iOS devices. It is developed by Google. This is one of the booming technology in recent days. Dart Programming Language is used in Flutter. Google offers many features in the later version.
About Dart Language
How to install Flutter
- For installation go to https://flutter.io/docs/get-started/install.
- Then download Flutter SDK from an authorized site.
- Set path to Flutter SDK.
- Run Flutter tool to check whether it working or not.
SEE ALSO: How to Install Flutter in Windows 10, 7
Flutter Developing Software
It is specially designed for Android developers. Android Studio is developed by Google. It also supports Java, C++, and so on… Lint tool is used for catch performance, usability, version compatibility.
Visual Studio Code is developed by Microsoft for source code editing. It supports all programming languages. It is also customizable, so you can change editor’s theme, keyboard shortcuts and preferences.
IntelliJ IDEA is a Java integrated development environment. This software support java, Dart Language and so on.
Flutter studio is one of the most flexible apps for the framework. Here you can drag and drop the design and it will automatically generate source code.
Flutter Book (Best. I recommended)
- Futter in Action – Entire Flutter and Dart Resource. Super book to learn Flutter in Easy way.
- The Complete 2021 Flutter Development Bootcamp with Dart – Dr. Angela Yu (Best course for beginners. I strongly recommended)
- Flutter.io – Basic guide
- UI Design – Building UIs by Google Code Labs.
- Flutter Tips – More Informative tips developed by diego Velasquez
- Flutter Example coding – It is based on Redux, Firebase and UI.
By using Flutter you can design a whole mobile app.
Inputs and selection
- Date & Time
Yet there are many types used in the flutter.
Widgets are one of the valuable components in Flutter. As you all know about Activity Fragments and Views components. For instead of those component Widgets is used in Flutter. Each and every widget defines an individual layout.
In Widget 2 basic types are there
StatelessWidget shows only static data, and unable to change any of its own properties.
In StatefulWidget you can update the changes.
Scaffold Widget provides visual layout structure. This class supports APIs for showing Drawer, App Bar, and Bottom Sheets.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Flutter
- It is used for creating both Android and iOS.
- It was developed by Google so it is safe and you get more support from Google.
- Easy to learn for beginners also.
- In Flutter hot reload option is available. By using this you can see the live changes you have done.
- XML coding is not needed for creating Layout.
- It is small when comparing to React Native or Xamarin.
- You can’t create android Home screen widgets using Flutter. You need a Native Java Code for creating.
- Flutter is still in alpha version. So libraries and plugins need to develop.
- It is new software so many services don’t support.
- It contains 6.7 MB for APK release.